City Sikhs has 7,000+ members and a reach of 15,000+ individuals making us the largest network of Sikh professionals in the UK.
City Sikhs is an award-winning progressive Sikh charity which strives to build a cohesive and inclusive society in which individuality is respected and diversity is celebrated. We provide a space for people to connect, learn, contribute and share and help people develop their professional careers through networking and mentoring.
Manas ki jat sabhe eke paihcanbo
(Recognise the whole of humanity as one)
Sarbat Da Bhalla
(For the benefit and well-being of all of society)
How do I become a member of City Sikhs, how much does it cost?
It is free to become a member of City Sikhs and you only need to join the mailing list by subscribing on the website here. If you are not a member you are still welcome to attend events and you automatically agree to subscribe to all the rules of membership.
As a member of City Sikhs or as a non-member attending a City Sikhs event we have certain expectations and rules.
If anyone is found breaking any of these rules either at an event or on any online City Sikhs platforms then City Sikhs reserves the right to terminate membership or issue an events ban with immediate effect.
- You agree to subscribe to City Sikhs mission and values.
- You agree to be committed to the highest levels of professionalism and treat other people with respect.
- Anyone who makes any comments or behaviour that is discriminatory in any way, such as being racist, sexist or homophobic will be removed immediately and banned from future events.
- City Sikhs events are open to everyone and organised for the benefit of humankind. As such we retain the non exclusive royalty free license to use any pictures or videos taken at any City Sikhs events.
- Anyone attending a City Sikhs event provides their automatic consent to have their photos or videos used across any number of social media or TV channels both now and in the future. If you do not wish to appear in any photos or videos we request that you do not attend any live events.
- City Sikhs retains the right to change and update these membership rules at any point in the future.
- You agree to NOT partake in any of the following activities at any City Sikhs events or online City Sikhs media platforms.
- Promotion of non City Sikhs events.
- Promotion of either free or paid goods and services.
- Promote individual efforts to raise money for charities.
Note: If you wish to promote an event or cause you can make a donation to City Sikhs using the link http://www.citysikhs.org.uk/advertising-with-city-sikhs/ and we can look to provide the desired level of promotion.
There are multiple groups out there that represent Sikhs interests of one kind. Wouldn’t it make sense to have a single organisation rather than many?
City Sikhs believes that there is room for diversity when it comes to the representation of Sikh interests. Indeed we encourage it. At City Sikhs, we are always open to collaborating with other like-minded groups with a view to achieving similar aims.
Does City Sikhs have any political affiliations?
City Sikhs is an apolitical organisation and so, does not support any single politically or movement.
This doesn’t mean we have nothing to say about politics. Our position on political matters is centered around Sikh religious values. These are what we stand for. We actively engage with politics and politicians and encourage discussions in the community.
Is it possible for me to join the City Sikhs team?
Every year we open up our Volunteer Ambassadors scheme to allow new members to join our team. We will notify members through our newsletter with regards to when this will be reopened.
Are City Sikhs events and services open to non-Sikhs?
All City Sikhs events and services are open to anyone to attend. We have a diverse network of people from all religions, castes, professions, ethnic backgrounds and age groups attend our events.
Does City Sikhs promote any specific dietary or lifestyle choices at events?
City Sikhs does not dictate any particular lifestyle choices to its members but rather seeks to be a place where a diverse range of people can come together and meet each other, share and connect.
We do not allow alcohol to be served at our events.